Recently, I’ve been nominated by Jordan from “Call Me Incorrigible” for the Liebster Award. I’ve heard of the award before, but this is the first time that I’ve been nominated, so of course I was very flattered and excited 🙂
For those of you, who are hearing about the Liebster Award for the first time, it is simply something to help bloggers find other bloggers, especially those who are new to this whole blogging thing. The rules for the award are as follows:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
The task that Jordan gave her nominees was to write 10 things about ourselves, so before I tell you whom I am nominating, let me tell you ten things about myself.
- I grew up in the north of the Czech Republic on the border with Germany and after the Schengen laws were passed, it was super easy to go over the border. And so we went grocery shopping to Germany. (This always entertains my Australian friends, because here you have to drive for at least 5 hours simply to get to another state.)
- I was born in Belarus, a small country between Poland and Russia.
- I am a morning person – the only way that I managed to graduate from high school with decent marks (while working up to two part-time jobs at a time) was to get up every morning between 4 and 5 am to study.
- I am not christened, but I’ve believed in God for as long as I can remember.
- I am the oldest of three girls, plus all of my cousins, so I grew up hearing all about how I have to be a good example to the little ones and how I should help my mum more around the house.
- I never realised how much photography meant to me until a few years ago, but I’ve owned a camera since I was six years old and my favourite pastime as a little girl was to flick through the family albums.
- In fact, I did the above so often that when my mum and brought the photographs from the family albums from overseas out of order, I was able to put them back in order in no time. (I do wish I was able to use my memory for something more useful, such as remembering all that terminology for biology. Or all those laws for physics.)
- I never thought about becoming a doctor until I was in my final year of high school and we covered the immune system in biology. Given that I’m currently studying a Bachelor of Biomedical Science, the possibility of studying medicine is still there, but the thought of competing for 75 places with over 2500 other people kind of scares me.
- I love working with children, and for that reason my part-time job as a tutor actually energises me, rather than drains me. Yes, I really do look forward to going to work in the afternoon, after spending all day studying and having my self-esteem shattered.
- I love reading, but these days I don’t read half as much as I used to, but when I do read, I try to read in a variety of languages, in an attempt to maintain them at a sort of fluent level. (“A variety” is probably a bit of a misnomer, because I am currently fluent in three language – English, Czech and Russian.)
So, here you go – ten things about me 🙂
And before I let you go, let me tell you whom I am nominating:
I sincerely apologise for nominating only two people- truth be told I have been on a bit of ‘decluttering’ mission with every aspect of my life, and, additionally, for every blog in English that I read, I probably read two in Russian 😦
To make up for this, I would like to invite YOU to nominate yourself and you can be sure that I will check out your blog in return 😉
Have a wonderful day, lovely human beings xx
P.S. Here are the ten questions for my nominees:
- If you had only $100 left, how would you spend it?
- Describe your favourite outfit.
- What’s the story behind your name?
- If you could go to any country in the world right now, where would you go?
- Which profession did you NOT want to have when you were little?
- What kind of a parent do you hope to be?
- What is/was your favourite subject at school? Why?
- Describe the perfect weather.
- What was the last thing you bought?
- And last, but not least: Why did you start your blog?